Questions That Make a Difference Part 1
Creating Change with Curiosity
"This course is great! It's small chunks of learning that anyone in our agency can apply to their job right away."
Roger, Frontline Staff
The Power of Questions
We're crazy-excited about questions and the power of asking them!
In this course we'll:
- share a simple framework for leading conversations with curiosity and humility
- practice different types of questions
- explore a philosophy behind asking questions
No matter your role, we guarantee this course will bring value to you and your work today!
"The Questions Course is the best thing we've done in the past three years! I wish we would have done this course first. The questioning skills we are learning are such an important foundation for everything else we've covered."
By the end of this 3 session course participants will be able to...
- Lead conversations with more useful questions
- Form various kinds of questions including perspective questions, coping questions, exception questions, and preferred future questions
- Communicate with increased clarity and understanding
- Ask questions with more humility and curiosity
Your Course Developer
The SafeGenerations Team has worked with policymakers, researchers, and field experts like you to develop this course. The full-time team (Andrea Robideau, Bill Schulenberg, Sarah Sundman and Sherry Amelse) has more than 50+ combined years of experience in direct practice counseling youth and families as well as safety and well-being planning with families who are involved in child welfare. They know first-hand what it takes to learn and grow in the practice of asking questions and leading conversations. SafeGenerations has provided training and consulting services to more than 70 jurisdictions across the United States and Canada to date. SafeGenerations offers training, consulting, and implementation services as well as practical technology tools to serve the whole organization - from frontline practitioners to the executive leaders.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your classroom will close one month after your last scheduled session.